Jana Keen, President
Parent Teacher Student Association
The Lakeridge Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) enriches the educational experience of our students and supports the Lakeridge Junior High School community. To do this, the PTSA runs a number of programs throughout the year and helps the students with character development, arts programs, and community involvement.
Events and Programs
In addition to assisting the school with various needs, the PTSA runs the following programs:
- Back-to-School Night – Meet the teachers then visit the PTSA booth to find out about upcoming PTSA activities and get involved.
- Food Pantry – Our newly established Lakeridge Food Pantry provides assistance to students in need.
- Student-Led PTSA – A service and leadership model PTSA run by Students who are not interested or able to be involved with the other clubs/councils. They meet twice a month during FLEX.
- Leopard Lounge Neighborhood Nights – A neighborhood meeting where different families host Principal Lund throughout the year. He will share Lakeridge’s Vision and offer a Q & A.
- Vision Screening – The PTSA helps the school nurse facilitate the vision screening program for the school.
- The Leopard Spot – A student store run during lunchtime. PTSA coordinates volunteers to help as students redeem their L.E.A.P. cards for merchandise.
- Spirit Days – Every Friday is Spirit Day! Students are encouraged to wear school colors and clothing. There are treats for students showing their Leopard Pride.
- Fundraising – To support PTSA activities and to contribute back to the school, the PTSA sponsors several fundraisers such as Restaurant Nights and Spirit Shirt sales.
- Teacher Birthdays – We love our teachers and want to help them celebrate their birthday with a little extra fun.
- Stronger Families Project – Lakeridge PTSA hosts the UVU parenting and youth life-skills training program. It is a free 8 week, 2 hour workshop held twice a year.
- Box Tops Drive – Revenue from the collected Box Tops goes to the Lakeridge FLEX program.
- Newsletter – To keep you informed the newsletter is sent electronically after each term ends; reports past activities, pictures, and the Honor Roll.
- Leopard Care Service Projects – Students serve their school and community through short and long-term projects within the school year that promote leadership and learning experiences.
- Student Led Conf Teacher Meal – A meal is provided for the teachers so they have more time to prepare for conferencing.
- Red Ribbon Week – Red Ribbon Week is an alcohol, tobacco, and other drug prevention awareness campaign observed annually in October.
- Reflections – A national awards program where students create and submit original works in the areas of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography, and visual arts. Takes place during the month of October.
- Spelling Bee – The Scripps Spelling Bee takes place near the end of January. There are weekly practice sessions during FLEX.
- White Ribbon Week – White Ribbon Week is a focus on Internet Safety and responsible use of Social Media. It is held in early February.
- 9th Grade MUN Luncheon – A luncheon is provided for the Model United Nations (MUN) participants.\9th Grade Recognition Night – PTSA helps the school recognize and congratulate the 9th Graders as they graduate from Lakeridge.
- Teacher Appreciation – To show gratitude to our teachers PTSA sponsors a week filled with appreciation activities and meals.
Support Lakeridge PTSA by becoming a member. Membership costs only $6 annually and can be paid through My School Fees or at a PTSA booth. Both parents and students can become members.
PTSA meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at 10:00am in the Lakeridge conference room. All parents are invited to attend PTSA meetings and help with PTSA activities. The school calendar has a list of the PTSA meetings.