Jana Keen, President
Parent Teacher Student Association
When you become a member you help to enrich the educational experience of our students and support the Lakeridge Junior High School community. We assist the school with various needs and run a number of programs throughout the year that focus on character development, arts programs, and community involvement. The programs are:
- Back-to-School Night – Meet the teachers then visit the PTSA booth to find out about upcoming PTSA activities and get involved.
- Food Pantry – Our “Award Winning” pantry provides assistance to students in need.
- Student PTSA – is a service and leadership group for students who want to get involved with school issues. They meet once a month.
- Leopard Lounge Neighborhood Nights – A neighborhood meeting with Principal Lund to share the vision of Lakeridge and Q & A. There will be three Lounge nights.
- The Leopard Spot – A student store run during lunchtime. PTSA coordinates volunteers to help as students redeem their L.E.A.P. cards for merchandise.
- Spirit Days – Every Friday is Spirit Day! Students are encouraged to wear school colors and clothing. There are treats for students showing their Leopard Pride.
- Fundraising – To support PTSA activities and to contribute back to the school, the PTSA sponsors several fundraisers such as Food Trucks, Restaurant Nights and Spiritwear sales.
- Teacher Birthdays – We provide a small gift to teachers on their birthday.
- Box Tops Drive – Money earned from Box Tops helps to fund the FLEX program at Lakeridge. There’s no more clipping! Simply download the app here and scan your receipt to collect points.
- Newsletter – To keep you informed the newsletter is sent electronically after each term ends. It reports past activities, pictures, and the Honor Roll.
- Leopard Care Service Projects – Students participate in a quarterly lunchtime service project that benefits our community.
- Student Led Conference Teacher Meals – A meal is provided for the teachers so they have more time to prepare for conferencing.
- Red Ribbon Week – Red Ribbon Week is an alcohol, tobacco, and other drug prevention awareness campaign observed annually in October.
- Reflections – A national awards program where students create and submit original works in the areas of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography, and visual arts. Entries are due in October.
- Spelling Bee – The Scripps Spelling Bee takes place near the end of January; signup in the Front Office.
- White Ribbon Week – White Ribbon Week is a focus on Internet Safety and responsible use of Social Media. It is held in February.
- 9th Grade MUN Luncheon – A luncheon is provided for the Model United Nations (MUN) participants in May.
- Teacher Appreciation – To show gratitude to our teachers PTSA sponsors a week filled with appreciation activities and meals.
- Field Day – A half-day full of fun activities towards the last week of school.
- 9th Grade Recognition Night – PTSA helps the school recognize and congratulate the 9th Graders as they graduate from Lakeridge.
Membership costs only $6 annually and can be paid through myschoolfees.com, at a PTSA booth or at the Financial Office. Both parents and students can become members.
PTSA meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month at 12:00noon in the school conference room. All parents are invited to attend the meetings and help with our activities.